101 Things in 1001 Days
January 1, 2011 to September 28, 2013
1. Set up a rainy day fund consisting of at least three months salary.
2. Set up a retirement fund. (completed February 9, 2011)
3. Complete three tasks a month for six consecutive months.
4. Kiss under the mistletoe.
5. Learn to effectively deal with my family.
6. Visit 40 of the 50 states.
7. Keep a blog documentation of this list. (completed January 1, 2012)
8. Put together and photograph ten awesome outfits that I love for various situations (work, casual, fancy, all seasons).
9. Take a cooking class.
10. Make my bed every day for three months.
11. Complete three sewing projects
12. Paint a painting to hang in my house.
13. Join a soccer league.
14. Set up an Etsy site to sell jewelry.
15. Get a National Park pass.
16. Learn to play a song on the guitar.
17. Read the entire Bible.
18. Read a classic lit book I haven’t read before.
19. Sign up for wearewhatwedo.org and complete 20 actions.
20. Take a photography class.
21. Try five new foods.
22. Read the Bible every day for a month.
23. Finish decorating my apartment.
24. Take an entire week off work for a fabulous vacation.
25. Go to a Broadway show.
26. Get another stamp on the passport.
27. Go on a girls weekend/vacation.
28. Run a 5K. (completed May 25, 2011)
29. Run a 10K.
30. Run a half marathon or do a sprint triathalon.
31. Plant and maintain a garden.
32. Donate to a charity. (completed March 27, 2011)
33. Draft a living will.
34. Update insurance inventory.
35. Take photos of daily life, and post 50 times. (in progress 3 out of 50)
36. Go fruit picking.
37. Do yoga twice a week for a month.
38. Meditate for at least ten minutes once a day for a month.
39. Go sailing. (complete September 15, 2011)
40. Take a career-oriented course that will apply toward either a certificate or degree. (complete December 20, 2011)
41. Set up a hair stylist consultation to get ideas for hair styles that work. (complete February 11, 2012)
42. Knit or crochet a scarf.
43. Keep a food journal for a month to better improve eating habits. (completed April 30, 2011)
44. Set up an organization system in my craft area/office.
45. Finish Sara’s African fabric blanket.
46. Learn how to change a tire and actually do it.
47. No complaining for an entire week, six times.
48. Learn to play a song well on the piano and do a duet with Mammam.
49. Blog at least once a week for three months.
50. Develop an effective 15 minute work break.
51. Go off the grid for an entire weekend, no internet, no cell phone, no television.
52. Develop effective anti-procrastination methods, work on not procrastinating for an entire month.
53. Develop a cleaning schedule and stick to it for an entire month.
54. Save and organize all my digital photographs on CDs with clear/fun labels indicating year/event.
55. Learn to locate five constellations and the myths behind them.
56. Research effective business practices and create a written business strategy for Etsy shop.
57. Have business cards and stickers made for Etsy products.
58. Try a new workout (x3) – this can include a new class, new video, or a working out with a friend who does something different. (completed, December 1, 2011)
59. Pay off my car.
60. Visit five National Parks.
61. Try a new volunteer opportunity.
62. Send my sister an awesome care package at college.
63. Have a meal prep day with the girls. (complete February 19, 2012)
64. Meal plan for four consecutive weeks and stick to the plan.
65. Fold and put away all laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer every time for three months.
66. Take a class for an art form or dance that I have never tried before.
67. Develop a morning routine and stick to it for a month.
68. Develop a bed time routine and stick to it for a month.
69. Give all hand made gifts for Christmas (do not necessarily have to be made by me).
70. Create a style look book to guide my wardrobe transformation.
71. Send a thoughtful card or letter once a week for a month.
72. Have all Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving, allowing for one exception.
73. Develop an emergency/crisis plan.
74. Update my happy box.
75. Go on a road trip and take pictures along the way.
76. Comment on friend blogs once a week for two months.
77. Do awesome, creative wrapping for ten presents.
78. Put my library stories together into something worth sending out.
79. Read a faith/spiritual based book. (completed February 27, 2011)
80. Write three letters complimenting excellent service.
81. Donate to a prom dress or suit drive.
82. Finish my first 101 book.
83. Have a yard sale and donate everything that doesn’t sell. (completed September 1, 2011)
84. Take the GRE. (completed February 12, 2011)
85. Call a far away friend once a month for six months.
86. Write a future letter to myself every January for the duration of the list.
87. Go to a dermatologist.
88. Bust out of a bad mood with a dance party (x3).
89. Create a solo dance party mix. (completed January 23, 2011)
90. Make a list of 26 movies, each starting with a different letter of the alphabet, and watch them all.
91. Coach a soccer team.
92. Leave an inspirational note inside a library book.
93. Dance in the rain.
94. Donate $10 to a charity for every task I do not complete.
95. Do a spa day with my sister.
96. Pick out and take home a real Christmas tree.
97. Return to a single digit clothing size.
98. Go through all my closets and get rid of everything that does not meet the requirements.
99. Organize and backup all music. Get rid of excess CDs.
100. Go wine tasting. (completed June, 2011)
101. Find a new church that I want to belong to in Alexandria.